This is a pic with the facia off. You can see that I hacked on an additional led by the knob.
With the facia on you can see the illuminated points. For the knob I drill around it and two to three holes are illuminated at a time.
Here is the empeg at night in my truck.
Here is the displayboard while I was working on it. I had to bend up the display to get access to the resistor pad.
In this close up you can see the small black resistor pack I had to solder in.
And a close up of the buttons with leds in place.
In this pic you can see the holes drilled in the buttons and knob.
While I had the empeg apart I took a pic of the main board.
Quick pics. Click on thumbnail for larger image.
This is a front view with the top off.
In the top view you can see the power supply, which used to be for a dell laptop. They sure have shrunk those down.
This back view shows all the connections. I only have front output and aux input hooked up right now. I just ran out of the splitters I cut up to connect them.
In this internal view of the cage you can see the micro switch and Ethernet plug.
Here you can sort of see how the Ethernet is supported.
And finally a front view with the unit running.
Here are some thermal pics of my empeg.
Questions, comments, or flames please email firstname.lastname@example.orgThis page last updated July 02 2017.